If you are not building the habit to Bring Your Own Straw, consider these 5 reasons why you might want to take that on ASAP and how we can help:
- Using single-use straws is wasteful. The average person uses 1.6 per day in the USA. That’s 584 per year and with 323 million people in the USA, that’s 500 million straws per day!
- Toxic chemicals in single-use plastic straws are bad for you and the environment. Just because a straw is BPA-free does not mean the other chemicals in the plastics are any better for you. Avoid eating/drinking from plastics, period.
- When you bring your own straw, you take a position of power and responsibility. It gives you a different stature and satisfaction that you can make a difference. Others will take notice and reconsider their actions.
- Drinking from a reusable glass straw is hands-down better than plastic. Everything you drink tastes better and glass straws are sturdy. You don’t have to worry about supporting the end with your entire mouth.
- With a To Go Case to carry your reusable glass straw, you can safely bring your own straw and keep your pocket, purse, or bag dry. When you get back home, just pop the glass straw and case in the dishwasher to keep them clean.
Win a Strawesome Gift Code
These are just 5 reasons, but there are so many more. Share one of yours in an comment below for a chance to win a $10 Strawesome gift code to use on our website. We will draw a winner February 28th, 2018 and notify them by email.