About Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii
The purpose of our organization is to promote behavioral change that results in cleaner beaches. Our mission is to inspire local communities to care for their coastlines through hands on beach cleanups. We create a fun large scale opportunity for people to clean trash off our beaches. While cleaning we foster the connection that the items being picked up are the same ones we use in our everyday lives. We then encourage them to look towards alternatives to those items along with looking at other points in their lives that they can reduce their consumption of potential marine debris causing items.
People are always asking us to point at where and what they can do specifically in the journey towards keeping our beaches clean. When it comes to actual products we are always focusing on reducing plastic consumption especially single use plastics. But some people love straws and when we ask people to refuse things, the negative connotations could be avoided if we could simply point towards alternatives. A Strawesome would do just that!
To learn more about the issue, find clean-ups near you, create your own events and more; visit www.loveyourcoast.org or www.sustainablecoastlineshawaii.org.
Buy This Turtle Straw to Support Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii
Strawesome donates 33% from each sale of this cause straw to assist Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii in their mission to clean up our water and protect marine life.
A little half-shelled friend clings to this custom-designed Clear Straw, thanking you for the difference you make by using reusable straws instead of single-use straws. The straw is available in regular width (9.5mm outer diameter) in 8″ or 10″ lengths.
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!
Hilary (verified owner) –
Hands down, this straw is the best one in my entire collection! I’ve ordered lots of glass straws from several different companies; Strawesome has the best artistry of anyone, and this characteristic is especially apparent in the turtle straw. Quite simply, it’s a beautiful and fun piece! Also, getting the opportunity to support sustainable coastlines is a huge plus as every time I use the straw I think of the gentle creatures positively impacted by less waste.