Please Save the Bees
Strawesome is proud to sponsor Shoresh Jewish Environmental Programs, a Canadian charity. Rooted in Jewish wisdom and practice, Shoresh’s environmental programs respond to contemporary food and ecological issues. Through experiential education and action, Shoresh creates meaningful Jewish life and builds a more sustainable and inspired community. Shoresh means “root” in Hebrew – grounded by Canadian soil, Shoresh is helping community members get back to their Jewish roots!
“As part of our 2015 “Year of the Bee” initiative, we are honoured to work with Strawesome to get the word out about the critical role pollinators and especially bees play in our lives. Proceeds from the straws will go towards growing our pollinator habitat at the Kavanah Garden in suburban Toronto and to nurturing our honey bees at Bela Farm.” -Sabrina Malach, Director of Community Outreach
Strawesome will donate all proceeds from the sale of this limited-edition straw, designed exclusively to symbolize the brilliance of bees – their design, their purpose, and their presence.
To find out more visit www.shoresh.ca.
This Special Edition Strawesome is a Clear Regular Straw – Length: 8″, Outer Diameter: 9.5mm
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!