About Save The Whales
Save The Whales is a California nonprofit organization founded in 1977, by a mother and daughter team. Maris Sidenstecker designed a t-shirt at the age of 14, and this was the beginning of the organization. Save the Whales believes children, the future of the planet, need to be empowered and know that their actions can promote change. Education is the key to saving whales, oceans, and ourselves.
Their mission is to preserve and protect the ocean and its inhabitants. Save The Whales educates thousands of individuals every year, nationwide and worldwide, with information and news about marine mammals and the ocean environment. They educate through school outreach programs, water quality monitoring programs, E-newsletters, social media, their educational website, media and radio appearances, and public speaking events. Save The Whales has been voted a “Top-Rated Nonprofit” on Great Nonprofits, for several years in a row.
For more information on Maris and her mission to Save The Whales, please visit their website at www.savethewhales.org.
Buy This Straw to Support Save the Whales
Strawesome will donate $7 from each sale of this cause straw to support Save the Whales.
It is handmade starting with our Clear Glass Straw and carefully adding an adorable blue whale with water spraying from his/her blowhole.
Straw Dimensions: Length: 8″ or 10″, Outer Diameter: 9.5mm (regular) or 12mm (smoothie)
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!