Meet Russell James A.K.A. “The Raw Chef”
“Before I got into raw food, I felt rubbish and I most definitely looked rubbish. Even though I was eating “good” food (meat, chicken, veg and fruit), I had very little energy, I always looked a bit ill, and I couldn’t shake off an acne problem. I was up for trying anything to look and feel better, so back in 2004, I went to Koh Samui in Thailand for a 7-day fast – and discovered raw food.
“I spent all my spare time reading up on raw food, finding the best places to buy ingredients, and experimenting with delicious, practical recipes– which I shared on my blog. I’d not been trained as a chef at all, but off the back of my blog I had people from all over the world flying in to take classes with me.
“Now, after a year in the US writing and teaching at culinary academies, I’ve set up Raw Chef HQ in London, and I’m sharing my recipes and ideas with people from over 50 countries in my Raw Chef community.
“I really love what Strawesome is doing. In a world where disposable seems to be so common, they’re championing reusable. Not only that, drinking from a Strawesome glass straw feels so much more special than using a plastic straw, which means whatever you’re drinking tastes better!”
You can learn more by visiting Russell’s website at www.therawchef.com.
Inspired by Russell himself, this special edition straw is on our Stark White Smoothie straw with a purple and green sprout. Proceeds from this straw are donated to Russell’s programs which align to our vision of more healthy people.
Length: 8″, Outer Diameter: 12mm outer diameter (Smoothie Straw)
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!