Let’s Help the Orangutans
Strawesome is proud to sponsor Orangutan Land Trust, a charity dedicated to supporting sustainable solutions for the long-term survival of the orangutan in the wild. Strawesome will donate all proceeds from the sale of this special edition straw, designed exclusively to reflect the winding vines of the orangutan’s rainforest, to the orangutan release fund for Orangutan Land Trust.
Orangutan Land Trust will use the proceeds from this straw to help release rescued orangutans back into safe areas of forest, where they belong. We are happy to support a charity that values eco-friendly options like our reusable drinking straws.
To learn more visit www.forests4orangutans.org.
This Special Edition Strawesome is a Clear Regular Straw with a special design – Length: 8″, Outer Diameter: 9.5mm
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!