Mittens For Detroit
Strawesome is proud to announce our support to Mittens for Detroit, a non-profit that collects, purchases, and distributes new, unused mittens and gloves to children and adults in need in Detroit, Michigan and other underserved cities.
Strawesome will donate $7 from each sale of this limited-edition cause straw to Mittens for Detroit.
The public collection season every year runs from October 1st through January 31st. This year’s goal is to collect 60,000 warm new pairs. You can help by buying a custom made Strawesome Cause Straw. Every straw purchased provides a warm pair of gloves that would retail for $20 to an adult in need.
For more information on Mittens For Detroit and their cause, please visit their website at http://mittensfordetroit.org/
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!