About Hope Against Trafficking
Hope Against Trafficking (HAT) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization answering the call for safe housing and restorative support for adult female survivors of sex and labor trafficking in Southeast Michigan. Their program is a 24-month residential program that provides rent-free housing and comprehensive services focused on the physical, mental and individual transformation of these women so they become empowered to thrive once again. This is one of the first programs of its kind in Southeast Michigan.
Quick Facts about Human Trafficking
- It is estimated that there are 20.9 million victims of human trafficking globally
- Human trafficking is a $150+ billion industry worldwide
- Human Trafficking has been reported in all 50 states and at least 161 countries
- Michigan is one of the top 10 states in the U.S. for human trafficking. It is occurring in every zip code in Michigan.
- As of 2017, over 1,200 women have been identified in Detroit as being trapped in human trafficking.
- As many as 17,500 people are trafficked into the United States annually. About half are minors. 80 percent of them are being exploited as sexual slaves.
- Long-term comprehensive residential programs for rescued women in need of healing and restoration in Southeast Michigan are needed to help women have the courage to escape.
To learn more about HAT’s amazing pragrams, visit hopeagainsttrafficking.org.
Buy This HOPE Butterfly Straw to Support Hope Against Trafficking
This cause straw was inspired by the HAT logo. Strawesome will donate 33% from each sale of this butterfly straw to support Hope Against Trafficking and its programs.
Choose between the 8″ and 10″ lengths in barely bent and straight regular width (outer diameter: 9.5mm).
5 Reasons Why You Need This HOPE Butterfly Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a straw cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it accidentally (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!
Gayla (verified owner) –
I have many of these glass straws. This is my favorite next in line to their logo straw. My Monarch butterfly is red. Beautiful! 🙂