Healthy Frogs = Healthy Planet
Millions of plastic straws pollute our waterways and oceans, harming marine animals, such as frogs and amphibians, that ingest an alarming amount of plastic. Each year, beach cleanups collect hundreds of thousands of plastic straws, which continue to make the top ten list of most collected beach cleanup items worldwide.
Frogs Are Green is an organization created to increase awareness about the catastrophic decline of frogs and other amphibian populations and to advocate for conservation measures to help protect them.
Frogs and amphibians are disappearing at an alarming rate. One-third of all amphibian species around the globe are threatened with extinction.
Frogs Are Green is determined to preserve for future generations the outdoor music – the chorus of frog song – that we remember from our childhoods.
Strawesome Supports Saving the Frogs
For over 200 million years, ponds, marshes, grasslands, and rain forests have come alive with the calls of frogs. Yet these remarkable and colorful animals are declining at such a rapid rate that they are being called the Earth’s next dinosaurs.
According to the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, a third of the world’s amphibian species are threatened with extinction.
Strawesome will donate 33% from each sale of this limited-edition straw to support Frogs Are Green programs.
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!
Kate Dane –
I’ve purchased many Straws for a Cause over the years. It feels good to know that a portion of the product cost goes to support causes you believe in. I use the 10” straight primarily. These straws remain among my favorites because of the little creatures from nature that inhabit them. Wish there were more avian causes represented because the bird straws are my favorite!