About Feeding America
Hunger in America still exists and Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. Thanks to donations and support from businesses, government organizations and individuals like you, the Feeding America network of food banks, pantries and meal programs serve virtually every community in the United States — 46 million people (that’s 1 out of every 7 Americans!), including 12 million children and 7 million seniors.
Children facing hunger often grow up in a family where a parent or parents also face hunger.
- A family of four facing hunger may be in need of 34 additional meals a month simply because they don’t have money to buy enough food.
- 84% of households Feeding America serves report buying the cheapest food — instead of healthy food — in order to provide enough to eat.
- 20% of children in households at risk of hunger may be forced to rely exclusively on charitable organizations like Feeding America to make ends meet.
Buy The Carrot Straw to Support Feeding America
Strawesome will donate 33% from each sale of The Carrot Straw to support Feeding America and its programs. 98% of donations raised by Feeding America go directly into programs serving people in need.
This handmade Stark White Glass Straw is decorated with a carrot.
Choose between 8″ or 10″ lengths and regular (outer diameter: 9mm) or smoothie widths (outer diameter: 12mm).
5 Reasons Why You Need This Carrot Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a straw cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!