Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF)
Strawesome is proud to announce our support of the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) is a childhood cancer foundation dedicated to raising funds for research into new treatments and cures for all children battling cancer.
ALSF founder Alexandra “Alex” Scott held her first front yard lemonade stand when she was just 4 years old and raised over $2,000! While bravely battling her own cancer, Alex and her family continued to hold yearly lemonade stands in their front yard to benefit childhood cancer research. News spread of the remarkable sick child dedicated to helping other sick children. People from all over the world, moved by her story, held their own lemonade stands and donated the proceeds to Alex and her cause. By the time of her death in 2004, Alex had raised $1 million and inspired a legacy of hope and cures for childhood cancer.
To learn more or to get involved please visit their website at http://www.alexslemonade.org/.
Strawesome will donate $7 from each sale of this limited-edition cause straw to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
This Strawesome is a regular width Stark White Barely Bent Kids’ Straw with a lemonade inspired theme. Straw Dimensions: Length: 7″, Outer Diameter: 9mm (regular width)
5 Reasons Why You Need This Straw in Your Life
- We made this straw in the USA and it’s awesome. Our super fancy (aka borosilicate) glass is so amazing, it can withstand temperatures below freezing and up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit! You’ll even find this stuff in the windows of the space shuttle! It’s also known as the same glass used in Pyrex®, but that’s not nearly as exciting as space shuttle glass.
- We’ve crushed down and lab tested all of the glass we use. It was really messy but totally worth it to let you know that there’s nothing nasty inside this glass. Unlike plastic, glass isn’t a porous material so it won’t leach into your mouth or drinks ever!
- You can clean your straw in the dishwasher. Yes, the super hot, sanitizing, easy-clean machine that is the dishwasher. We also sell a cleaning brush in case YOU are the dishwasher.
- You don’t like it? That’s cool. Just let us know and we’ll take it back, no questions asked. Except maybe, “What?? Why NOT!?!?” But really, it’s OK. Even though this rarely happens, we will put it to good use in our loving home.
- Each straw has a lifetime warranty. If you break it on accident (using it as a drumstick is not an accident!) we will replace it. We know you love your straw and will be sad without it, so we aim to make you happy again. Enough said!