Meet Joy McCarthy
Joy McCarthy is the Founder of Joyous Health, a Certified Holistic Nutritionist and best-selling author. A trusted nutrition expert, Joy has been featured in hundreds of publications both online and in print; and is a regular health expert on TV. Through her innate drive to inspire others, Joy has created numerous online programs and eBooks under JOYOUS U and is a faculty member at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. Joy lives in Toronto with her husband Walker and their daughter Vienna.
We asked Joy to share a healthy smoothie recipe for moms and she enthusiastically sent us this yummy original recipe.
Smoothie Recipe for Healthy Moms
- 1/2 cup sheep’s milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 peaches
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Genuine Health’s Fermented Vegan Proteins+)
- Handful of broccoli sprouts
- 1 cup nut milk (I used coconut milk)
- Water to desired consistency
- Give the above a blitz in the blender
- Add a Designer Strawesome Glass Straw
- EnJOY! (“I hope you love it!” – Joy)
Thank you Joy! You are the best! We love seeing our straws in your photos too.
For more delicious recipes and resources for healthy moms, checkout Joy’s blog for great articles such as Important Nutrients and Foods for a Healthy Pregnancy.