Try this smoothie recipe for an alternative to traditional hot chocolate this winter.
Healthy Hot Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- 50g/a couple of squares Fairtrade dark chocolate (grated if not using a Vitamix)
- 1 avocado – super-ripe, stone removed, scooped out (You could also use a banana in place of the avocado)
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds or Flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey (We used local honey)
- 2 tablespoons raw oats or up to one Weetabix biscuit
- 500ml/2 cups warm milk (we used whole milk)
Smoothie Recipe Directions
Vitamix Instructions –
Place all the ingredients together into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and increase the speed to variable 10. Blend for 30 seconds or until you get the right consistency. Add extra milk and blend again if the smoothie is too thick. Pour into small cups or milk botttles and drink immediately.
Jug Blender/Hand Blender Instructions –
Put all of the ingredients into your jug blender or into a tall container if you are using a hand blender stick blender. Add all the ingredients together (apart from the milk) blend together and then slowly add the warm milk. Blend for another two minutes until the mixture is smooth. Pour into small cups or milk bottles and drink immediately.
The Final Touch
And remember that any smoothie recipe is only complete by adding your favorite smoothie glass straw (our Going Green Barely Bent Smoothie Glass Straw pictured). Enjoy!
Recipe credit: Ren Behan