This smoothie recipe is designed to beet the cold and power you up this winter. Being filled with beets, blueberries, lime juice and chia seeds make it the perfect healthy and refreshing detox smoothie (full of Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants). The color of the smoothie is gorgeous and the flavor is tasty too. It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and you can have it first thing in the morning or after your workout.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk or choice)
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ⅓ cup shredded beet (from about 1 medium beet)
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional but adds a nice sweetness)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as necessary – maple syrup for sweetness, lime juice for acidity, etc.
- Add your favorite Strawesome Smoothie straw like our Purple Heart Barely Bent Smoothie Straw pictured in the photo.
Recipe Credit: Nutritional Foodie