Celebrate the season with this yummy sangria recipe! The recipe makes 8 cups.
- 1 750 ml bottle red wine
- 3 cups soft apple cider (non-alcoholic)
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup honey* (or 1/2 cup simple syrup made by heating equal parts of sugar and water over medium heat until dissolved)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- sparkling water to top off
- 1 cup freshly diced red and/or green apple cubes
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
Combine red wine, apple cider (or pure apple juice) cranberry juice, orange liqueur and honey (or simple syrup) in a large pitcher.
Add cranberries and diced unpeeled apples.
Serve over ice, if desired, filling glasses 3/4 full and topping off with some sparkling water.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick and remember a Designer Cocktail Glass Straw.
*If you use honey, it might sink to the bottom of the pitcher if it is left to sit for awhile, so just give it a stir before serving it.