This Kid-Friendly Fall Smoothie Recipe is the perfect fall smoothie at our house! Our two boys sucked it down and asked for more! 👦🏻🍐💫
Adding raw oats to this smoothie produces a pleasantly chewy texture while providing a good amount of fiber. I leave the skin on the pears for added nutrients and fiber.
Makes 4 servings.
Kid-Friendly Fall Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- 2-1/2 medium to large pears peeled, seeded, & chopped, then frozen
- 1-3/4 cup milk of choice (I chose almond milk)
- 1 cup of low-fat buttermilk (I chose to use plain yogurt)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/-1/4 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- Combine pears, milk, buttermilk (or yogurt), oats, ice, maple syrup, almond butter, ginger, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a blender.
- Blend on low speed, then gradually increase speed to high. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses, and garnish with ground cinnamon.
- Serve immediately with your favorite fall colored Strawesome smoothie glass straw!
Recipe credit: MarthaStewart.com