Many people may not eat beets because of their taste or texture, but the heart beet smoothie recipe from The Little Epicurean gives you the health benefits of a beet without tasting it. This makes it a great way to sneak in all those antioxidants, vitamins, and folic acid for kids and adults alike. If serving to someone who does not like spicy flavors, consider reducing the amount of fresh ginger or omitting altogether.
Yield: serves 2
- 1 cup raw red beets, peeled, cubed
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- Blend beets, raspberries, mango, pineapple, coconut water, orange juice, and ginger until smooth. If smoothie is too thick, add additional coconut water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge until ready to drink.
- Add a Strawesome Glass Straw such as The Purple Heart Glass Straw shown above to make it the perfect Valentine’s Day smoothie. Enjoy!