This Carrot Ginger Cocktail recipe from Camille Styles is perfect for an Easter treat.
Serves 1 drink
- 1 1/2 oz. coconut rum
- 1/2 oz. silver rum
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed carrot juice (or Odwalla Carrot Juice)
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup (I used agave syrup)
- 2 coins of Peeled ginger (about the size of a nickel)
- Muddle ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker mixing glass.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake hard with ice.
- Double strain ( to remove ginger) into a high ball glass over fresh ice and garnish with carrot greens, lime zest, or carrot ribbons.
- Add your favorite glass straw, such as the Feeding America – The Carrot Straw shown above and Enjoy!
For a non-alcoholic version: Replace the rum with 1 1/2 oz. lemonade and 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez coconut milk. Top off with 3/4 oz. soda water.