We’d love to introduce or reintroduce you to our good friend and nutritionist, Angelle Batten.
She loves (really loves) helping women live a sweeter life, nourishing your body and your spirit every day. Over the last 12 years as a health + lifestyle coach for women she’s had the pleasure of helping thousands of women become healthier and happier through 1:1 and group coaching programs, all without ever counting another calorie or eating low-fat anythingagain. She’s all about what’s REAL, simple and beautiful (which might be why she can’t be without our glass straws and often gifts them to her clients). You can find Angelle at www.angellebatten.com and at www.nourishtoflourishsociety.com, her newest online home, and learn how to nourish your body and spirit in simple and delicious ways every day.
Angelle has another Nourish to Flourish Cleanse starting up on October 9, 2016. The last day to register is October 5, 2016. I’ve been a part of this community for a few years and I love the support everyone gives each other as well as the remarkable results these women get from doing a cleanse that allows you to eat REAL, healthy food! Click here if you’re curious and please join us if you’re inspired!
Angelle was kind enough to share one of her delicious recipes below. Yum!
This is a little twist on an old summertime favorite. It’s super hydrating and cooling, and I happen to love that when I’m sipping this gorgeous green drink through one of my favorite Strawesome straws, it not only looks fun and fancy, but it begs me to slow down my pace just a bit. Who doesn’t need that once in awhile?! The whole experience nourishes my body and my spirit every time. When you serve this to anyone else, including your kids, you don’t even have to tell them how healthy it is with all those anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be our delicious little secret.
1 cucumber, cubed
3 lemons, juiced
1 cup water
Powdered or liquid stevia to taste
2 beautiful glasses + your favorite Strawesome straws
- Place cucumber in a blender or food processor and blend into a pulp.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the blended cucumber in the strainer.
- Use a spoon or spatula and move the pulp around, pressing the juice through the strainer.
- Once strained well, discard the pulp.
- Combine the cucumber liquid, lemon juice and water.
- Add stevia, a few drops or sprinkles at a time, tasting along the way until it’s the desired sweetness.
- Pour over ice into your beautiful glasses and add your Strawesome straws and a lemon slice. Then go kick your feet up under your favorite shade tree and relax.